By 2030, the Sustainable Development Goals aim to reach everyone with sanitation, and halve the proportion of untreated wastewater and increase recycling and safe reuse.
For that to be achieved, we need everyone’s poo to be contained, transported, treated and disposed of in a safe and sustainable way. Today, for billions of people around the world, sanitation systems are either non-existent or ineffective. Human waste gets out and killer diseases spread, meaning progress in health and child survival is seriously undermined.
Some useful facts and info about world toilet day
• For billions of people around the world, sanitation
systems are either non-existent or ineffective.
• When poo gets out, diseases spread, making peo
ple sick & killing thousands of children each year.
• Safely processed poo can become a valuable &
sustainable source of nutrients, energy and water.
• Hitting #SDG 6 will drive progress across many of
the other goals. Learn more this #WorldToiletDay
• Sanitation systems generate jobs, investment
opportunities, & valuable products such as fertilizer.